- Visible Branding
- Compatibility IPS Versions
- 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
This plugin replaces the default IPS4 front-end login/registration system with WordPress.
This plugin contains the following features
- Role syncing: The ability to move users into IPS4 groups dependant on the role assigned to them in WordPress.
- Account Management: Relevant account management pages are redirected to the WordPress counterparts
- Login/Register/Logout redirection: After clicking the login/register/logout links, the user will be directed back to the IPS4 page they were on
- Invision Community 4.2 compatibility
With the recently announced OAuth changes in Invision Community 4.3 which makes it far easier to configure an SSO solution with WordPress, what benefits does this plugin bring over the new built in functionality?
|Invision Community 4.3||WordPress SSO|
|Role Syncing to Member Groups||✔|
- Your WordPress and IPS4 installation MUST BE on the same domain (sub-domains are fine). - Sub domains require a modification to your WordPress configuration.
- This plugin completely replaces the front-end login system. If you wish to use any other SSO/Social logins, these must be configured in WordPress instead.
- Users must have a WordPress account to sign in, you may need to import your IPS4 users to WordPress if they do not already have an account
- This SSO cannot be used to log users into the AdminCP. They will need to use a password that can be set locally (by another admin, edit the user account and 'change' password)
This SSO should be compatible with most versions of WordPress, however it has only been tested on the later versions (4.4.x+)